Peterbrooke Chocolate Factory, LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.peterbrooke.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, you may provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Generally, you are under no obligation to provide your personal information. However, in certain cases, we may be unable to provide you with our services unless you provide your personal information. Personal Data information may include, but is not limited to:
- Personal information, such as your email and postal addresses, first and last name, phone number, and other contact information;
- Demographic information, such as age or gender;
- Transaction information, such as information about the products you buy, process, method of payment, and payment details; and
- Account information, such as your username and password used to access the Service.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include but not limited to:
- Your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address);
- Computer or mobile-device operating system and browser type;
- Brower settings;
- Browser version;
- Type of mobile device and its settings;
- Advertising identifiers;
- The pages of our Service that you visit;
- The time and date of your visit;
- The time spent on those pages;
- Unique device identifiers; and
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies collect data by tagging you while you browse. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. The cookie stores information and is sent when you register or sign in. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Select the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. However, if you do not accept or disable all cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service or take advantage of all the features available on our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Peterbrooke Chocolate Factory, LLC uses the collected data for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. Your personal information may be subject to the laws of the countries in which it is stored or used.
Disclosure Of Data
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide the service to you (for example, as long as you have an online account with us) or as needed to fulfill our own obligations, including but not limited to preventing fraud, resolving disputes, improving our services or maintaining security. We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in certain circumstances, including but not limited to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Peterbrooke Chocolate Factory, LLC;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public; and
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
We will use our commercially reasonable best efforts to provide you with a safe and convenient experience while using the Service. We have put in place a wide variety of technical and organizational security measures to help protect you and the personal information we collect about you. The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you receive a suspicious electronic communication that appears to be from us, please contact us.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, such as Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links To Other Sites
We may also have providers of other apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (“Plug-Ins”) on our online services, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, which may also use automated methods to collect information about how you use these features. These organizations may use your information in line with their own privacy policies.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children who visit the Service by using commercially acceptable means to do so. For this reason, the Service does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 (“Child”). Children 17 years and younger may visit the Service under the supervision of a parent or guardian without disclosing any personally identifiable information. We encourage parents of children under 18 to regularly check and monitor their children's use of e-mail and other activities online to avoid the inadvertent disclosure of a Child’s personal information online.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we change the policy in a manner that we determine materially impacts your privacy rights, we will provide additional notice to you.